The Softbank Hawks exploded for twenty-two runs on seventeen hits and fourteen walks (!) against the Orix Buffaloes at YafuOku Dome tonight. They scored seventeen runs in the span of three innings (five in the third, eight in the fourth, and four in the fifth) and almost batted around three innings in a row.
- third inning: ten batters, five singles, two walks, and one sac fly.
- fourth inning: twelve batters, one single, two doubles, six walks, one fielding error.
- fifth inning: nine hitters, four singles, two walks, one sac fly.
Pa-League TV Highlights
There was perhaps one good thing about the game for the Orix Buffaloes: Tony Blanco.
Some notes about the game:
- The Orix Buffaloes allowed twenty or more runs in a game for the seventh time in franchise history, first since a 20-11 loss to Daiei on September 14, 2003. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2016
- The Softbank Hawks scored twenty or more runs in a game for the eleventh time in franchise history, first since a 20-4 win over Seibu on August 27, 2004. Source: Nikkan Sports 5/25/2016, Sanspo 5/25/2016
- The NPB record for most runs scored by one team in a game is thirty-two, set by Hankyu against Nankai on April 6, 1940 (32-2). The Pacific League record of twenty-nine was set by Daiei against Orix on August 1, 2003 (29-1). Source: Sanspo 5/25/2016