The Hanshin Tigers announced that Akihiro Yano accepted their offer to become their next Ichi-gun manager.
Notes from various reports:
- Yano struggled with the decision, but ultimately felt it was something he had to do.
- The Tigers made Yano an official offer to become the next Ichi-gun manager on October 13 in Miyazaki. The Tigers met Yano for a second time at their office after Yano returned to Osaka on October 14. Yano returned home for some time to think and discuss his options with family and friends.
- Before Tomoaki Kanemoto’s departure (announced on October 11), Yano was slated to become the next head coach.
- Yano guided the Ni-gun team to a championship this year.
- According to Tokyo Sports, Yano might have his work cut out for him: the new officials at the top reportedly got Kanemoto to step down and may not be willing to spend a lot on improving the team.
Source: Hanshin 10/15/2018, Sanspo 10/15/2018, Tokyo Sports 10/15/2018, ZakZak 10/15/2018, Nikkan Sports 10/15/2018, Nikkan Sports 10/15/2018, Nikkan Sports 10/15/2018, Sponichi 10/15/2018, Sports Hochi 10/15/2018, Daily Sports 10/15/2018, Daily Sports 10/15/2018