Site ideas and suggestions

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ben 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Gen
    Keymaster

This site is obviously a work in progress so what you see right now is not the final product (if there is such a thing).

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve the site, feel free to post them below.

A few things that will be fixed/added over the next few weeks:

• Current teams on player pages
    • English for all names in the player database
    • NPB daily roster moves
    • Direct links to popular categories/tags

For those looking for full NPB season standings, they have been added here. The link is also located in the header area of the shortened standings.

Also, regarding the stats in the player database, these will probably only be updated once a week for the time being.

Ren
    Participant

Gen, are you also including news regarding about former NPB players like Maeda and Tanaka in the MLB? Like what you did in Yakyubaka?

Gen
    Keymaster

Is it something people are interested in? I wasn’t really sure how many people were actually reading the updates last year, so I sort of put them on the back-burner this year. I can always resume if people found them helpful.

MoeyoCD
    Participant

Hi, I liked on the old site how there were links to recent comments on the right side of the page.
    It’s fun to see what people are saying and nice to have it easily accessible.
    Appreciate your work, loving the new features.

Gen
    Keymaster

That’s an easy request. I can add it to this site as well.

And thanks for the feedback!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Gen.

Gen
    Keymaster

Added Five Latest Comments to the sidebar. The section is updated every three hours.

MoeyoCD
    Participant

Awesome, I noticed that.
    Keep up the good work.
    It’s been an exciting season so far

Carp33
    Participant

Hi Gen. Thanks for the site, I love it! An ex-Hiroshima-ite, now back in the UK, this site is my first port of call for news about Carp in particular, NPB in general. I too would appreciate news on how the ex NPB players such as Maeken are doing in the States.
    I guess it shows my ignorance but having been away from Japan for nearly 20 years now, when I read a news item on your site I don’t know which team the particular player is associated with, unless it’s Carp. Might it be possible to identify the relevant team, for example by a code in brackets (HC?) after the player’s name?

Gen
    Keymaster

Hi Carp33,

Thanks for the feedback. Other people have also asked me about adding team names to news items, so you aren’t the only one.
    Just one question: is it important to see the team name in the actual title? Or can it be somewhere else within the news item?
    Also, just to be sure, you’re talking about the top index page right?

Noted about the former NPB players.

Gen
    Keymaster

I tried adding team abbreviation buttons with team colors on the same line as the post title. Hopefully this will make it easier to see at a glance which team a player belongs to.

saeko
    Participant

Hi. I usually read your site for the info and updates you add about Koshien. will you stil post schedules and resultes about koshien?
    I don’t follow the pro japanese baseball but i would like to. I follow the MLB especialy the chicago white sox for some years and i noticed more and more japanese pitchers are geting to MLB. i would like to be able to follow the promising high school japanese players, how they get into the pro baseball and also the pro players that have chances to get to the MLB. But to do all this i need to find out where can i watch the japanese pro baseball. if you can help with some live streaming links or at least witch TV channel broadcasts the matches it would be easier for me. thanks a lot the the great work you do.

Gen
    Keymaster

I do plan on continuing to provide Koshien news as it becomes available, just as I did at Yakyubaka, so don’t worry about that.

As for NPB streams outside of Japan, I’m probably not the best person to ask, since I live in Japan and most of the ways I used to watch NPB games when I lived in the US are no longer available.

If you don’t mind paying some money, there is Pa-League TV. Last I heard they were accessible overseas. http://tv.pacificleague.jp/ptv/pc/

If you have a satellite dish, you might be able to find a Japanese channel package that includes some NPB games.

I think there are teams that occasionally offer free streams of their Ni-gun games. It can sometimes help to check places like Ustream and NicoNicoDoga. Softbank has a channel at Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/SBH) as does Chunichi (http://www.ustream.tv/dragons). And the NPB NicoNico channel is: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/npb

If anyone else has other/better suggestions, please chip in.

saeko
    Participant

thanks a lot. i’m not from the US, i follow the MLB with the subscription to the MLB.TV. if i get into the NPB i might consider paying to watch it. i just need a team to rute for:)) . Thx for the links. i ‘ll try it. i’ll have to check the schedule first 🙂 and get used to the japanese time.I’m from romania and i think i might be at work when the matches are played. Are the games also played in the weekends?

Gen
    Keymaster

Romania? Cool.
    There are weekend games. I think some of the pay services, like Pa-League TV, also have an archive where you can watch past games.

saeko
    Participant

Nice. Thank you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)