Ito told reporters during a press conference on December 18 that he married a thirty-year-old woman.
Ito did not sign during his first round of salary negotiation after the 2017 season because he was not fully satisfied with discussions. He did agree to sign after his second round of salary negotiations on December 18. During a press conference, he said he wanted the front office to know he wanted to work on becoming the everyday catcher in 2018.
Source: Daily Sports 12/18/20170 Comments
Hikaru Ito was taken off the active roster on April 15 because the coaching staff was unhappy with his work behind the plate. In the five games he made the starting line-up at catcher so far this year, the Buffaloes were 0-5.