On May 14, the Yakult Swallows became the first team in Central League history to record two walk-off grand slams in one season.
- Atsushi Ugumori on April 2 against Yokohama (pinch-hit)
- Takahiro Araki on May 14 against Chunichi
Two other teams in NPB history have recorded two walk-off grand slams in one season.
- Kintetsu in 1984
- Hideji Kato on June 9 against Nankai
- Takahiro Yanagihara on June 11 against Nankai (pinch-hit)
- Hankyu in 1988
- Hiromasa Fujita on June 18 against Nankai (pinch-hit)
- Junichi Fukura on July 30 against Seibu
Four other players in franchise history have hit walk-off home runs.
- Lou Jackson on September 16, 1968 against Hanshin
- Masaaki Iwashita on April 6, 1982 against Hiroshima (pinch-hit)
- Atsunori Inaba on May 31, 2001 against Yomiuri
- Kazuhiro Hatakeyama on May 17, 2013 against Lotte
Source: Sponichi 5/15/2017, Sponichi 5/14/2017, Nikkan Sports 5/15/2017